- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“We have the potential to produce almost all of our electricity from clean energy sources. Today, we have the technology and the know-how to move beyond our dependence on polluting power plants by using clean, safe, and affordable renewable energy. By harnessing renewable sources of energy like the sun and the wind, we can transform how we produce electricity. Today’s solar panels efficiently transform sunlight into electricity while blending into the design of homes and office buildings. Modern wind turbines rise high above the ground, capturing the strongest winds to produce reliable electricity…
Using existing technology and resources, we can cut our reliance on existing polluting power plants by providing at least 20 percent of our electricity from renewable sources of energy by 2020 and by increasing the energy efficiency of our appliances and homes.”
“How Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Can Fuel Our Future,” www.sierraclub.org (accessed Dec. 12, 2008)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet itself. We are the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States. And our founder, John Muir, appears on the back of the California quarter.”
“Welcome,” www.sierraclub.org (accessed Dec. 12, 2008)
“Our Mission Statement:
1. Explore, enjoy and protect the wild places of the earth.
2. Practice and promote the responsible use of the earth’s ecosystems and
3. Educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the
natural and human environment.
4. Use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.”
“Inside Sierra Club,” www.sierraclub.org (accessed Dec. 12, 2008)
- None found
- Quoted in: