- Senior Attorney for the Waterkeeper Alliance
- Pro to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“The United States has far greater domestic energy resources than Iceland or Sweden. We sit atop the second-largest geothermal resources in the world. The American Midwest is the Saudi Arabia of wind. Solar installations across just 19 percent of the most barren desert land in the Southwest could supply nearly all of our nation’s electricity needs even if every American owned an electric car…
For a tiny fraction of the projected cost of the Iraq war, we could completely wean the country from carbon.”
“Obama’s Energy Plan Would Create Green Gold Rush,” Los Angeles Times, Aug. 25, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Attorney, Waterkeeper Alliance
- Former Chief Prosecuting Attorney, Hudson Riverkeeper
- Former Chairman, Waterkeeper Alliance
- Professor Emeritus of Environmental Law and Co-Director of the Environmental Litigtation Clinic, Pace University School of Law
- Former Senior Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Former Assistant District Attorney, New York, NY
- LLM, Environmental Law, Pace University School of Law
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- AB, Harvard University
- Licensed master falconer and experienced white water rafting expert. Has four sons and two daughters.
- Quoted in: