- Senior Fellow at the Center for Energy Policy and the Environment at the Manhattan Institute
- Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“You have to understand and ultimately agree that we use fossil fuels for a lot of good reasons, and we’re not going to quit using them for the foreseeable future – and I mean for the next 30 to 50 years – because they are what drives the global economy…
We will not move away from fossil fuels, we will not move away from oil, unless or until we find something cleaner, cheaper, more convenient, or all of the above.”
“Making a Case for Global Energy,” Latino Leaders, May 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Fellow, Center for Energy Policy and the Environment, Manhattan Institute, 2010-present
- Managing Editor, Energy Tribune, 2006-2010
- Contributing Writer, Atlantic Monthly, The Guardian, American Conservative, Texas Observer
- Has appeared on BBC, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, and NPR
- Former Reporter, Austin Chronicle
- BFA, University of Texas at Austin, 1986
- Pipe Dreams: Greed, Ego, and the Death of Enron named one of the best non-fiction books of 2002 by Publishers Weekly
- Quoted in: