- Director of Renewable Energy Policy, Energy & Transportation at the Natural Resources Defense Council
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“My New Year’s resolution is to start thinking big. This is harder than it sounds given that the technologies I think about, renewable energy technologies, each generally provide less than 1 percent of the markets that they serve (and the ones that provide more than 1 percent hydropower and ethanol from corn have limited potential for growth). But if we’re going to avoid catastrophic climate change, this has got to change and change big.”
“Renewables and the New Year,” www.switchboard.nrdc.org, Dec. 31, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director of Renewable Energy Policy, Energy & Transportation, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Former Senior Policy Analyst, Natural Resources Defense Council
- MS, Energy and Resources, University of California at Berkeley, 1996
- BS, Public Policy, Brown University, 1991
- None found
- Quoted in: