- Speaker of the US House of Representatives (D-CA)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“Today, the House of Representatives has the opportunity to take America in a New Direction with the Comprehensive American Energy Security and Consumer Protection Act.
The legislation we debate today is a bold step forward that will help end our dependence on foreign oil and strengthen our national security…
This energy legislation is the result of reasonable compromise that will put us on the path toward energy independence by expanding domestic supply, protect consumers with strong action to lower the costs of energy and to protect taxpayers by making Big Oil pay for its fair share of our transition to a clean, renewable energy future, ensure a clean, green future through energy efficiency and conservation, and commit America to renewable energy and help create millions of good-paying green jobs.”
“Energy Legislation a Bold Step Forward That Will Help End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil,” Nancy Pelosi congressional website, Sep. 16, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Speaker, US House of Representatives, 2007-present
- House Minority Leader, US House of Representatives, 2002-2007
- Congresswoman, US House of Representatives, 1987-present
- House Minority Whip, US House of Representatives, 2001-2004
- Founding Member, Congressional Progressive Caucus, 1991-2003
- Intern for Senator Daniel Brewster (D-MD)
- Chairwoman, Democratic Party, Northern California
- Honorary Board Member, National Organization of Italian American Women
- Member, US House of Representatives Appropriations Committee
- Member, US House of Representatives Intelligence Committee
- BA, Trinity College, 1962
- High school diploma, Institute of Notre Dame
- None found
- Quoted in: