- President of Strategic Energy & Economic Research Inc. (SEER)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“My view on alternatives is that of a long-term optimist, short-term skeptic. I disapprove of promoting technologies or fuels that are not yet economic (photovoltaic for mass use, ethanol in the US), but believe that many can and will contribute over time to phasing out more expensive and/or dirtier fuels.”
Email to ProCon.org, Feb. 18, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- President, Strategic Energy & Economic Research Inc.
- Research affiliate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Center for International Studies
- Editorial board member, Energy Policy
- Former Vice President of Oil Services, WEFA Inc.
- Former Director, Asian Energy and Security, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Center for International Studies
- Former Lecturer, Diplomatic Training Program, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
- Former senior associate, Washington International Energy Group
- Former President, United States Association for Energy Economics
- Former appointed council member, International Association for Energy Economics
- SM (Master of Science), Political Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- SB (Bachelor of Science), Political Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- None found
- Quoted in: