- Retired Executive Director of the Electrical Contracting Foundation
- Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“As for renewables, I don’t think we have any technology to seriously replace fossil fuels yet. Consider the solar utility plant that Obama dedicated yesterday [Oct. 27, 2009] in FL. It is only 75MW and takes more than 180 acres of land. A typical coal plant is 800-1,000 MW and needs less space. A typical wind generator produces only 2.5MW. In small decentralized local applications they have their place.”
Email to ProCon.org, Oct. 28, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Proprieter, C-E-G Group
- Member, Association of Energy Engineers
- Retired Executive Director, Electrical Contracting Foundation
- Former Director of Marketing and Management Services, National Electrical Contractors Association
- Has completed engineering and business administration degrees, both with academic honors
- None found
- Quoted in: