- Science Director at the Heartland Institute
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“Experience tells us the wind in most places does not blow steadily enough and predictably enough to be an economical power source. Moreover, the sun’s energy is too widely dispersed and the land area required to collect it too vast for solar to become a large-scale power source. At best, a pleasant niche exists in the remotest of places and for the most affluent enviro-zealots.”
“Solar Power: Too Good to Be True,” www.heartland.org, June 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Fellow and Science Director, The Heartland Institute
- Cheif Hydro-Geologist, Earth Water Global (EWG)
- President, Environmental Enterprises
- Advisor, American Council on Science and Health
- Former Executive Director, National Association of Groundwater Scientists and Engineers
- Former employee, US Geological Survey
- PhD, Groundwater Hydrology, University of Arizona
- BS, Geological Engineering, Princeton University
- None found