- Associate Professor in the Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering at the University of Minnesota at St. Paul
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“The world’s energy and climate problems are likely to be solved only by a combination of approaches and technologies, including wind and solar energy, increased energy efficiency, and renewable biofuels.”
Cowritten with D. Tilman and C. Lehman, “Response to Comment on ‘Carbon-Negative Biofuels from Low-Input High-Diversity Grassland Biomass,” Science, June 15, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Associate Professor, Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, University of Minnesota at St. Paul
- Former Resident Fellow, Institute on the Environment, Global Landscapes Initiative, University of Minnesota at St. Paul
- Former Research Associate, Department of Applied Economics, University of Minnesota at St. Paul
- Former Research Associate, Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior, University of Minnesota at St. Paul
- Former Assistant Professor, Biology, St. Olaf College
- PhD, Plant Biological Sciences, University of Minesota
- AB (Artium Baccalaureatus), Biology, Harvard
- None found
- Quoted in: