- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“EPA promotes and expands the use of environmentally beneficial alternative fuels and vehicles by providing the states with tools, such as benefits models, State Implementation Plan Credits, and the Clean Fuels Fleet program. EPA also coordinates with the Department of Energy and Department of Transportation so that their Energy Policy Act and Transportation Equity Act of the 21st Century programs promote alternative fuels and vehicles having the greatest environmental gains.”
“Alternative Fuels,” EPA website (accessed Nov. 19, 2008)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“EPA leads the nation’s environmental science, research, education and assessment efforts. The mission of the Environmental Protection Agency is to protect human health and the environment. Since 1970, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.”
“About EPA,” EPA website (accessed Nov. 19, 2008)
“The mission of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is to protect and safeguard human health and the environment.”
“FY 2009 EPA Budget in Brief,” EPA website (accessed Nov. 19, 2008)
- None found
- Quoted in:
- What Is Global Climate Change?
- Is Large-Scale Wind Power Production Environmentally Friendly?
- What Are Greenhouse Gases?
- Is Nuclear Power Safe for Humans and the Environment?
- Should the US Use Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking) to Extract Natural Gas?
- Should the US Build More Hydropower Dams?
- Are Humans Substantially Responsible for Global Climate Change Today?