- Co-Manager of the Guinness Alternative Energy Fund at Guinness Atkinson Funds
- Pro to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels? Yes, eventually.”
Email to ProCon.org, Feb. 18, 2009
“Some forms of alternative energy are economical now. Electricity production from hydro and geothermal sources has been tapped for many years and the technology is fairly mature. Wind power does benefit from subsidies but in specific locations with strong and predictable winds can be economic now. Subsidies for wind projects may not be necessary in 3 – 5 years time. The solar industry is dependent on subsidies and will require subsidies for longer but some industry analysts predict electricity from solar will be at parity with the grid in 5 – 7 years time in remoter locations with good isolation. The subsidies in place allow the industry to grow and technologies to be developed and mature and drive costs down. In predicting parity of course the price level for oil and gas has to be factored in. The higher conventional energy prices rise the sooner parity can be achieved.”
“Q&A with Fund Managers of Guinness Atkinson Alternative Energy Fund,” AltEnergyStocks.com, Oct. 29, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-Manager, Guinness Alternative Energy Fund, Guinness Atkinson Funds, 2006-present
- Manager, Guinness Asset Management, 2006-present
- Merger Arbitrage Analyst, Arbitrage Associates Fund, Tiedemann Investment Group, 2002
- Staff, Energy & Utilities Team and Telecoms & Technology Team, HSBC Investment Bank, 1998
- MA, Engineering and Management Studies, Cambridge University, 1998
- None found
- Quoted in: