- Director of the Nuclear Program of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Pro to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“The US has enough potentially recoverable efficiency savings and renewable energy resources – direct solar radiation, indirect solar radiation, wind, geothermal, biomass, small hydro, and wave-tidal energy, to eventually power the entire US economy, essentially indefinitely, without nuclear or coal.”
Online debate, “Is Nuclear Power Essential to Addressing Climate Change and Energy Independence?,” www.newtalk.org, July 15-17, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director, Nuclear Program, Natural Resources Defense Council, 1991-present
- Assistant, Senator Edward M. Kennedy, 1987-1991
- Consultant, Nuclear Policy Alternatives Project, Princeton University, 1985-1987
- Former research fellow, Federation of American Scientists
- Former staff consultant, US House of Representatives Subcommittee on Energy, Conservation & Power
- Graduate, Harvard University, 1974
- None found
- Quoted in: