- Former US Congressman (R-CA)
- Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“If we are to combat this looming crisis we will need a mixed bag of solutions. These will need to include command and control techniques including the use of renewable fuels such as wind and solar power, sequestration of fossil fuels, and most importantly the use of nuclear technology.
Nuclear energy has all the properties and benefits our world needs to successfully combat global climate change and meet our energy needs.”
Statement, US House Committee on Science and Technology hearing “Opportunities and Challenges for Nuclear Power,” Apr. 23, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, United States House of Representatives (R-CA), 1994-2000, 2006-2013
- Member, US House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, US House Committee on Science and Technology
- Member, US House Committee on Veteran’s Affairs
- Member, US House Immigration Reform Caucus
- Co-chariman and lobbyist, Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), 2001-2006
- County Supervisor, First District, San Diego County, 1984-1994
- Mayor, Imperial Beach, CA, 1978-1984
- Council Member, Imperial Beach, CA, 1976-1978
- Attended Southwestern College, 1970-1974
- None found
- Quoted in: