- 44th President of the United States
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“The energy challenges our country faces are severe and have gone unaddressed for far too long. Our addiction to foreign oil doesn’t just undermine our national security and wreak havoc on our environment — it cripples our economy and strains the budgets of working families all across America. President Obama and Vice President Biden have a comprehensive plan to invest in alternative and renewable energy, end our addiction to foreign oil, address the global climate crisis and create millions of new jobs.
The Obama-Biden comprehensive New Energy for America plan will… Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.”
“Energy and the Environment,” www.whitehouse.gov (accessed Feb. 9, 2009)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to alternative energy or fossil fuel issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- 44th President of the United States, Jan. 20, 2009-Jan. 20, 2017
- Member, US Senate (D-IL), 2005-2008
- Member, US Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
- Member, US Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Member, US Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee
- Member, US Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, 2005-2006
- Member, Illinois State Senate, 1997-2004
- Attorney, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, 1993-2004
- Former Teacher, Constitutional Law, University of Chicago
- Former Community Organizer, Chicago
- JD, Harvard University, 1991
- BA, Columbia University, 1983
- None found
- Quoted in: