- Former Chairman and CEO of Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Can Alternative Energy Effectively Replace Fossil Fuels?"
“[W]e don’t need a new fuel, we don’t need new engine technology, we don’t need hundreds of billions of dollars. All you have to do is modify or replace today’s internal combustion engines that run on gasoline and diesel and replace them with an internal combustion engine that runs on natural gas.”
Testimony before the Select Committee on Energy Independence & Global Warming hearing, “What’s Cooking with Gas: The Role of Natural Gas in Energy Independence and Global Warming Solutions,” www.globalwarming.gov, July 30, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- CEO and Founder, American Energy Partners, LP
- Chairman and CEO, Chesapeake Energy Corporation, 1989-Apr. 1, 2013
- Director, ProCure Treatment Centers Inc.
- Director, COS Holdings LLC
- Member, Advisory Board, Eagle Energy Partners, Inc.
- Member, Advisory Board, EDF Trading North America, LLC
- Member, Board of Visitors, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Member, National Petroleum Council
- General Partner, Access Midstream Partners, L.P., Jan. 2010-June 2012
- Co-Founder and Manager, Heritage Management Company, 2004-2008
- Former Chairman, American Clean Skies Foundation
- Former Managing Partner and Founder, Deep Fork Capital
- Former CEO, The Ames Company, Inc.
- BA, History, Duke University, 1981
- Co-Owner, Oklahoma City Thunder, NBA basketball franchise
- Born July 14, 1959 in Oklahoma City, OK
- Quoted in: